Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Yummy goodness

At this rate it's going to be a gooseberry Patch Christmas. From the Christmas book 12 (like the one below) I tried another recipe.

Chocolate Coverd Cherry Cups
20 oz pkg brownie mix
16oz jar maraschino cherries drained and juice reserved
1/2 C juice reserved and divided
6 oz pkg simi sweet chocolate chips
1/2C sweetened condensed milk

prepare brownie mix according to the package directions using 1/4 c of the cherry juice plus water, if necessary, to equal the amount of water called for in the directions. Place paper liners in mini muffin cups (I couldn't find any so I sprayed well w/ cooking spray) fill aboug 1/2 full with brownie batter.Push a cherry into each cup and bake at 350 for 15-20 min. Remove and let cool



Combine chocolate cups;stir condensed milk in a small saucepan;stir over low heat until melted. Remove and add remaining 1/4 c cherry cuice as needed for frosting consistency. Place a dollop of warm frosting on each cup and let cool.,

Makes 3 dz

These turned out really good. I didn't make the iceing I happened to have smores icing in a bag so I just used that. Also be sure to spray the pans well I forgot to the second time and they were hard to get out....
Another tip to get the mix into those tiny cups put the batter in a zip lock baggie and sip off the corner like a piping bag and squeeze in the mix. Oh and.... pay attention to the cherries size, I got the smaller jar and it wasn't enought, be sure to get the kind w/o the stem, got those too.... (I was at walmart and a bit distracted.)
These would be a great easy addition to a party table.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful, I would love to make these for the guys at work

Anonymous said...

They look delicious.