Sunday, August 29, 2010

Simple Sunday

Today is the start of a 1/2 week of August and 1/2 week of September. That means school will be starting soon (yeah), hubbies summer job will be comming to a end soon (yeah for us, not so much for him) and hopefully coolet weather. Plus its the start to our Holiday Grand Plan prepping ourselves and our house for Christmas.
Not too much going on here in our hosue today. I, as always, have the usual stuff to be done like putting away laundry and cleaning the kitchen. I decided to try the coconut bread from my Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy 2 cookbook for Christmas gifts. I like the way it taste, it's similar in flavor and texture to Impossible coconut pie. My only problem w/ it was that it overflowed in the oven and then one side fell some. It may not be pretty but it tasted good.
I took snoopy out for a walk and broke in my Walmart version of shape ups. I guess we will see after using them for a while if they make a difference. At least my knees were not hurting but I took the short circle today.

Coconut Bread
1/2 c butter (1 stick) softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2t coconut extract (I didn't have any so I found a alternate where I used 1 1/2 t vanilla and 1/4t
almond extract)
1c sour cream
1 c sweetened flaked coconut
2c all purpose flour
1t baking powder
1t baking soda

blend tog. sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs and extract. Stir in sour cream; add coconut. Mix well and set aside. in another bowl combine dry ing; stir into butter mixture. Pour in greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min.

No comments: