Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekly Menu

Now that the boys are back in school I am back to try my hand and menu planning. I am making a list of things that everyones likes and putting them in a seperate cookbook/notebook to pull ideas from. If it is something I want to try from a cookbook I list it on a notecard under the right section then note what cookbook and page. I worked out a plan for 2 weeks (weekends not included) and will work from that. I set a meat for each day (ie Mon-Chicken, Tues-Groundbeef, Wed-Pasta) then work from there how I am going to cook it and what the sides will be. Here is what I have for this week and next.
Mon-holiday Pizza
Tue-ranch chicken w/ noodles and corn
Wed-ha cha cha
Thur-Pork Chops w/ broccoli casserole
Fri-Baked Ziti

Mon-Beef steaks w/ green beans
Tues-pretzel chicken, noodles, broccoli
Wed-meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
Thur-pork cops w/ ?? some side to be determined
Fri-stuffed spaghetti pie

It's so much easier for me to shop and plan ahead when I make a meal plan. now to stick with it.

Happy eating

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I started menu planning again this summer and I am so glad I did. It makes life so much easier.