Monday, September 27, 2010

More Saturday Baking

I know this is Monday but I was having sight issues over the wknd. So here I am now. Another Saturday and a Rudy Day wknd so I decided to try another cake for Christmas. This was Vanilla Wafer Cake. It turned out ok. It's not bad but not my favorite I don't think. I also learned that I need more butter and flour in the bundt pan b/c it fell apart tyring to come out. Didn't get any Rudy day stuff done so that's dissapointing. It was as vanilla flavored as I thought it would be.
It's also a new start Monday for me. I need to start watching my food, I have gained weight, uugg, and have been listening to Fly lady, she has a lot of good idea. First baby step is to drink more water, I know I am underhydrated so off to drink more water. Here is the recipe:
Vanilla Wafer Cake
1C butter (2 sticks)
2 c sugar
6 eggs
12 oz box of vanilla wafers crushed
1c pecans chopped
1/2c milk
1 t. vanilla extract

cream butter and sugar tog. Add eggs one at a time beating after each. Add remaining ing. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hrs. Let cool in pan before removing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great recipe. Yes, drinking water is so important. I need to be drinking more of it as well.