Sunday, October 3, 2010

Practice Sunday

Today is a wonderful fall day. Cool temps outside w/ a fire in the fireplace. So I decided to do another trial run on Christmas cakes. I finally found some pans (hurray for Michaels and Ben Franklin crafts and their mini individual baking pans for $1) and baked the apple oatmeal cake for the teachers. I disovered I may need more pans if I plan on baking more at one time. However I doubled the recipe and had enough for the 6 mini loaves at 1/2 full b/c it's a heavy bread and the pan tha makes 4 mini jack-o-lanterns.They are cooling now and then I have to put tog. the goodie bags for the other teachers. Monster E will take the 3 w/ the candy corn dish rag, the apple cake and candy corn. I wrote a poem for it:
A Corny Poem
Candy corn is sweet
And so are you
So here's some to eat
And one to wash your dishes too.

Silly but effective. I want to make a few more dishrags for friends and family but we'll see....

No comments: