Friday, July 29, 2011

Life Lessons

Life lessons are often hard learned. I don't think we would mind them as much if they are easy but then again it's often the things we work hard on we remember more. (unless it's the deals on really cheep/free stuff but that's a different story)
 I have recently learned a life lesson. I have come to the realization that at this point in my life I am not a priority to others. Meaning I have plenty of people that say they will/want to get together and do something but when it comes down to the details and making it happen they always fall through.Now I do realized that people are busy and have their own things going on but it reaches a point where I have missed out on seeing a play and a movie that I wanted to see b/c someone told me they would go w/ me but we never did. This has been especially hard b/c when I lived in Missouri I had a group of friend and they were a priority in my life and I was in theirs. It was something special we had there. It's something I have not found here and I miss it. Now that I have come to this realization part 1 I am figuring out what part 2 of my lesson is. It is this, when someome reaches out to me I need to be sure to do my part and follow up and make things happen. Oh and don't be surprised when plans with these other people fall through, yet again.

I can choose to allow my self to be hurt, again, or I can choose to be a help to others.

No comments: