Saturday, July 30, 2011

Monkey Bread

This morning I got up earler than I wanted to, snuck out to walk the dog before it got miserably hot (but it was 80 at 8 am already) and checked out two yard sales in my neighborhood. Then I decided to make my monkeys some monkeybread for breakfast. We hadn't had that in a long time and it sounded good. I usually in list their help but this morning they were still sleeping so I got it in the oven before they got up. I decided to do add a few things to make it a little different this time. If yu search it on the internet you will find dozens of recipes but I used the basic one I used as a kid:

3 (or 4) cans of refrigerator biscuits (10 count)
1C white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1stick butter
1C brown sugar
**optional ingred:
mini chocolate chips
bananas
walnuts

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325
spray well, with cooking spray, a bundt pan

*combine the white sugar and cinnamon on a plate
* cut each biscuit in 4 pieces and roll in the sugar mix and put into pan
**oppitional step in b/n layers sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips
*continue until all the biscuits are done.

In a pan melt, on med low, the butter, and brown sugar. At this point I also put in a banana in this mixtures (It was frozen so when it thawed it was mushy any way).  heat until melted and pour over the biscuits.

bake for 35 min. When done set pan on wire rack to cook for 10 min.
Then put a plate on top of the pan and invert.

We really liked the banana flavor in this one. It was different and you can never go wrong with chocolate especially at breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy.